Houzz Unveils 2013 ‘Best of Houzz’ Winners
Annual Survey and Analysis of Community of 11 Million Monthly Users Reveals Top-Rated Professionals and Design Trends
Houzz, the leading online platform for residential remodeling and design, today announced the community’s 2013 picks for Best Of Houzz, a homeowner to homeowner guide to the toparchitects, interior designers, contractors and other residential remodeling professionals in the U.S. and around the world.
“Houzz is the top choice for homeowners seeking residential remodeling and design services, providing an in-depth, 360-degree view of each professional through images of their work, reviews and an opportunity to interact with them directly on Houzz,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of community. “The ‘Best of’ winners are professionals recognized by our community of homeowners and home design enthusiasts for delivering exceptional customer service and results, and for creating the most inspiring and innovative residential designs in the past year.”
The Best of Houzz award is given in two categories: Customer Satisfaction and Design. Customer Satisfaction award winners are based on homeowner members who rated their experience working with remodelers and designers in categories ranging from landscape contractors to kitchen & bath designers. Design award winners’ work was the most popular among the more than 11 million monthly users, known as “Houzzers,” who saved more than 124 million professional images of home interiors and exteriors to their personal ideabooks via the Houzz site, iPad/iPhone app and Android app. With Houzz, homeowners can identify top-rated vendors as well as those whose work is a match with their own design goals. Homeowners can also evaluate professionals by contacting them directly on the Houzz platform, asking questions about their work and evaluating their responses to questions from others in the Houzz community.
By analyzing professional images added to the most ideabooks on Houzz over the past year, Best of Houzz 2013 also serves as barometer for decorating and remodeling trends across the U.S. and around the world:
- Houzzers want to make a statement from the moment you open their front door. Popular entryways feature elaborate wall treatments such as stone, board and batten and creative storage for shoes and coats.
- Kitchen favorites include bold pendant lighting over islands and specialized built-ins to help keep cooking essentials (like spatulas and baking pans) neat and tidy. Houzzers are also drawn to architectural details like crown molding, trim and breadboard, tray and coffered ceilings, as well as neutral color palettes and shaker-style cabinetry.
- Must-haves for the bathroom are open shower spaces with glass doors, an abundance of natural light and bold tiles that are either very large or very small in size.
- Laundry rooms are getting a makeover with bright, bold hues and special touches to make the room feel less industrial and more homey such as stained glass and wallpaper.
- Firepits and outdoor fireplaces top wish lists for outdoor spaces. Stone and paver pathways and patios are also favorites. Houzzers are maximizing outdoor spaces for entertaining.
- Garages are no longer just for cars and storage. Houzzers are finding inspiration in garages transformed into a potting shed, playspace, man-cave or home office.
Houzz (www.houzz.com) is a leading online platform for home remodeling, providing inspiration, information, ‘advice and support for homeowners and home improvement professionals through its website and mobile applications. Houzz features the largest residential design database in the world, articles written by design experts, product recommendations, a vibrant community powered by social tools, and information on more than 1.5 million remodeling and design professionals worldwide who can help turn ideas into reality. @houzz_inc